Cisco CP-7906G Global Spare Basic IP Phone with LCD Display
The Cisco IP Phone 7906G provides single-line access and four interactive
soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions via the
pixel-based liquid crystal display (LCD). The graphic capability of the
display provides a rich user experience by presenting calling information,
intuitive access to features, and language localization in future firmware
releases. The Cisco IP Phone 7906G supports inline power, which allows
the phone to receive power over the LAN. This capability gives the network
administrator centralized power control, which translates into greater
network availability. In addition, XML applications deliver impressive
applications and network data to the Cisco IP Phone 7906G display.
The Cisco IP Phone 7906G is designed to be easy to use with conveniently
- Pixel-based display-A pixel-based display provides intuitive access
to calling features. Four soft keys dynamically present calling options
to the user. The scroll toggle bar allows easy movement through the displayed
- "Menu" key-This key allows users to quickly access information
such as call logs and phone settings.
- The user can retrieve voice-mail messages.
- The user can display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been placed,
and incoming calls that have been received.
- The user can set various preferences such as ring types and display
- "Hold" key-This lighted key provides the user a red visual
indication that they have placed a call on hold.
- A volume-control toggle provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the
handset and ringer.
- A hearing-aid-compatible handset (meets American Disabilities Act [ADA]
- A single-position foot stand provides optimum display viewing and comfortable
use of buttons and keys. The foot stand can be removed to allow wall mounting
via mounting holes located on the base of the phone.
- XML Applications can be delivered to the display.
The Cisco IP Phone 7906G is designed to grow with system capabilities.
Features will keep pace with new changes via software updates to the phone's
flash memory. Examples of currently available features include:
- Single Line/Directory Number (DN)
- Calling name and number display
- Call Waiting
- Call Forward
- Call Transfer
- Three-way calling (conference)
- On-hook dialing, Pre-Dialing, and Off-hook dialing
- Call hold
- Call monitor (speaker-only, no microphone)
- "Messages" soft key allows access to voice mail messages
- Four Speed dials configurable at the Call Manager
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- IEEE 802.1q (VLAN)
- G.711a, G.711u, G.729ab audio-compression coder-decoders (codecs)
- 10BASE-T Ethernet connection via a RJ-45 interface for LAN connectivity
- Software upgrade supported via Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
- Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host Configuration
- Voice-activity detection, silence suppression, comfort-noise generation,
and error concealment