Unified IP Phone 7905G - Repair Only
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G (Figure 1) is a cost-effective, basic IP
phone providing a core set of business features. It is specifically suited
for enterprise and service provider applications and can be deployed in
the following end-user environments: enterprises, small and medium-sized
businesses (SMBs), and small offices or home offices (SOHOs). It is also
suitable for places where single-line phones are typically installed such
as cafeterias, break rooms, lobbies, and manufacturing floors.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone
7905G provides single-line access and four interactive soft keys that
guide a user through call features and functions on the pixel-based liquid
crystal display (LCD). The graphic capabilities of the display support
a rich user experience, presenting calling information, intuitive access
to features, and language localization in future firmware releases.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone
7905G supports inline power, which allows the phone to receive power over
the LAN. This capability gives the network administrator centralized power
control, which translates into greater network availability. In addition,
Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications deliver impressive features
and network data to the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G display.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G is designed to be easy to use with conveniently
• Pixel-based display: A pixel-based display provides intuitive
access to calling features. Four soft keys dynamically present calling
options to the user. The scroll toggle bar allows easy movement through
the displayed information.
• Menu key: This key allows users to quickly access information
such as call logs and phone settings.
– The user can retrieve voicemail messages.
– The user can display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been
placed, and incoming calls that have been received.
– The user can set preferences such as ring types and display contrast.
• Hold key: This lighted key provides a red visual indication to
the user that a call has been placed on hold.
• Volume control: This toggle allows easy decibel-level adjustments
of the handset and ringer.
• Hearing-aid-compatible handset: The handset meets American Disabilities
Act (ADA) requirements.
• Single-position stand: The stand provides optimum display viewing
and comfortable use of buttons and keys. The stand can be removed to allow
wall mounting using mounting holes located on the base of the phone.
• XML applications: Various XML applications can be delivered to
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G is designed to grow with system capabilities.
Software updates to the phone's flash memory allow features to keep pace
with changes. Examples of currently available features include the following:
• Single line or directory number
• Calling name and number display
• Call waiting
• Call forwarding
• Call transfer
• Three-way calling (conference calling)
• On-hook dialing, predialing, and off-hook dialing
• Call hold
• Call monitoring (speaker only; no microphone)
• Messages soft key to provide access to voicemail messages
• Four speed dial numbers configurable at the Cisco Unified Communications
• Cisco Discovery Protocol
• IEEE 802.1q (VLAN)
• G.711a, G.711u, and G.729ab audio compression codecs
• 10BASE-T Ethernet connection through an RJ-45 interface for LAN
• Software upgrade supported through Trivial File Transfer Protocol
• Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host Configuration
• Voice-activity detection (VAD), silence suppression, comfort-noise
generation, and error concealment
• Compatible with Cisco Unified CallManager 3.3 and above, using
the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP)
• H.323 Version 2
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) (RFC 2543)
• Dimensions: (H x W x D): 8 x 7 x 6 in. (20.3 x 17.67 x 15.2 cm)
• Phone weight: 1.9 lb (0.9 kg)